Everything but the kitchen sink
I’m leaving my first real, post-college job.
I started working at ‘___ LLP’ when it was just ‘___’ and I was just a first year law student temping on the night shift.
I’ve come a long way, since the nights of waiting on the 22nd floor at midnight to be buzzed in by the secretarial staff. I made $18/hr. (more money than I ever made in my previous 22 years combined!) and at 8 a.m., I would take the a cab home, after a night of data entry, to get uptown in time for my 8:30 a.m. Civil Procedure class.
Oh, how times have changed.
NY State considers me a veteran attorney now, I have my own card key and I certainly know better than to try to go to class after working eight hours straight!
So, armed with that knowledge and three years of spiral bound training materials, I’m off!
But, first…cleaning the office. For those of you who know me…. well, you can imagine the level of difficulty.
For those of you who don’t, here’s a smattering of the items that I have uncovered.
In order of least to most weird:
10. A half used roll of ‘Nsync gift wrapping paper. (No, you didn’t read that wrong, I am starting with least weird!)
9. Opened pack of juggling balls.
8. Fourteen unopened stress balls
7. Cleats with caked on mud (and softball glove.)
6. Mostly full bottle of Italian salad dressing.
5. Video tape of first half of Buffy Season six.
4. Unopened game of 20th century Trivial Pursuit.
3. 64 CDs and 54 empty CD cases.
2. Unopened bottle of Bacardi Limon
And the weirdest thing found in my office…
1. Roller Skates.
(I didn’t think a refrigerator and microwave were too odd…)